By continuing your connection to the DragonIRC network, and its subsequent servers, you agree to the following conditions.
If you do not, disconnect now and do not reconnect.
We do not accept ignorance as an excuse, and we will remove clients from our network that do not adhere or agree to the conditions set out below:
1. Flooding is not tolerated on the DragonIRC network. Any violations of this rule will result in banning your site and often entire domain from the network.
2. Clones are not tolerated on the DragonIRC network. Any violations of this rule will result in banning your site and often entire domain from the network.(Limit of 2 Per Host is allowed)
3. IRC is an unmoderated medium. No DragonIRC server, staff member or provider logs or scrutinizes the traffic which passes through the servers. We take no responsibility, and explicitly disclaim any legal liability for the content of any messages which pass through any DragonIRC server, and the consequences of running any commands you do as a result of being “on IRC”.
4. IRC may not be suitable for children. Please supervise your child’s IRC session.
5. We reserve the right to change rules without warning or prior notice.
6. Upon connection to our network, you give us express permission to connect to your host for verification. This is done via ident/auth lookups on port 113, and insecure wingate proxy on both ports 23 and 1080.
7. We reserve the right to deny access to this server to any users without the need for warning nor explanation.
8. No Spamming:No mass-advertizing (spam) is allowed. Our services are not to be used to push any product, service, or agenda. It is a violation of this policy to use our service to gather information for such use, or to send mass messages to our users of any kind.
9. No Harm:You may not cause real harm, or make serious threats of real harm against us or other persons. This includes threats of physical violence or denial of service attack.
We do not attempt to censor our content in any way. While online, anything said is the responsibility of the sayer, NOT DragonIRC, or its Network Operators.
By using our services you agree to hold us harmless of any damages caused by your use or misuse. We make no warranties, and hold no responsibility for what takes place. If you use our services for anything important, and it goes wrong, only you are to blame.
If you are concerned by a violation of law propagated by someone on our network, contact the authorities in the region the law is being violated; we do not police content.
If you are under the age of 13 and a resident of the United States, you must not furnish personal information to us. This may make it impossible to use some features, but those are the breaks.
Due to the open nature of IRC, children can and will be exposed to inappropriate content online. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to discuss such issues with children, and protect them.
By initiating a connection, you agree to be poked, prodded, and probed by us to verify you are not running an open relay, proxy, trojan horse, virus, or other software we deem unacceptable. Our probes may set off alarms in your firewall. Be prepared to live with this.